[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Book on types

Is there a book introducing types in programming languages
(I mean an overview, not focussing on a particular language)
that could be used for a course at the undergraduate or
graduate level?

Till Mossakowski

 [ For advanced graduate courses, some natural choices (did I leave any out?)
   would be John Mitchell's Foundations for Programming Languages;
   Martin Abadi and Luca Cardelli's A Theory of Objects; John Reynolds's
   Theories of Programming Languages; Girard, Lafont, and Taylor's Proofs
   and Types; and Simon Thompson's Type Theory and Functional Programming.
   The Reynolds book might be suitable for advanced undergraduates; in
   addition there is Dave Schmidt's The Structure of Typed Programming
   Languages.  Also see the following posting...
                                                      -- BCP ]

Till Mossakowski                Phone +49-421-218-4683, monday: +49-4252-1859
Dept. of Computer Science       Fax +49-421-218-3054
University of Bremen            till@informatik.uni-bremen.de
P.O.Box 330440, D-28334 Bremen  http://www.informatik.uni-bremen.de/~till