[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Survey of object oriented models of computation

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, if it
is'nt, I'm sure someone here will tell me what is. I'm looking for a
comprehensive survey of object oriented models of computation, along
the lines of Bruce/Cardelli/Pierce's "Comparing Object Encodings", but
more complete, or perhaps just more recent. I need to write a brief
introduction, and I want to make sure that I don't leave out any
important papers.

Thank you all

Brian Postow

[ I don't know of any comprehensive survey.  A couple of other
references that come to mind besides the ones in the BCP paper are
Castagna/Ghelli/Longo's lambda-& calculus and any number of
"core-Java" calculi, e.g. Featherweight Java.  If you're also
interested in concurrent object models, then there are a whole bunch
more systems to add to the list.  --BCP ]