[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

PSSL 78 - Second announcement

PERIPATETIC SEMINAR ON SHEAVES AND LOGIC (PSSL 78)
Second Announcement

Dear friends and colleagues,

The 78th meeting of the PSSL will be held in Strasbourg
over the weekend of 15-16 February 2003.
As usual, we welcome talks on sheaves, category theory, logic
and related areas such as applications in (theoretical)
computer science. As the meeting is informal in nature talks
on work in progress are also welcome.

Those wishing to attend the meeting are kindly asked to
complete and return the registration form below.

VENUE

The meeting will be held at the Salle de Conférences of the

Institut de Recherche Mathématique Avancée
Unité Mixte de Recherche 7501 de l'Université Louis Pasteur et du CNRS
7 rue René-Descartes
67084 Strasbourg
France

TRAVEL INFORMATION

Strasbourg is the capital of Europe, and is located in the
northeastern part of France, close to the French-German border.
Strasbourg Airport has direct flights to and from a number of
main European airports, and a bus-tram connection to the city
centre. Strasbourg can also be reached through Basel-Mulhouse
airport (train connection) and Frankfurt airport (Lufthansa
bus connection).
Because of its central location, there are also good train
connections to and from Strasbourg, for example from Germany,
Belgium and Italy.

The IRMA can be reached from the station and from the city
centre by taking tram line C direction "Esplanade" and getting
off at the stop "Universités". It is then a short walk along
rue Edmond Labbé, the building being on your left.

ACCOMMODATION

A hotel room will be reserved for you upon request, in one of
the following hotels:

Hotel Kleber **              Tel:   +33 3 88 32 09 53
29 Place Kleber              Fax:   +33 3 88 32 50 41
67000 Strasbourg             Email: hotel@hotel-kleber.com
prices: single 39/51 euros, double 45/58 euros, breakfast 5.50 euros

Hôtel aux Trois Roses **     Tel:   +33 3 88 36 56 95
7 rue de Zurich              Fax:   +33 3 88 35 06 14
67000 Strasbourg             Email: info@hotel3roses-strasbourg.com
prices: single 45 euros, double 61 or 69 euros, breakfast 6 euros

Hôtel de l'Esplanade **      Tel:   +33 3 88 61 38 95
1 Boulevard Leblois          Fax:   +33 3 88 60 66 87
67000 Strasbourg             Email: hotel.esplanade@wanadoo.fr
prices: single 46 euros, double 49 euros, breakfast 5.50 euros

or in one of the many other hotels in Strasbourg.
Hotel Kleber is in the city centre, the other two mentioned
are within easy walking distance of the Institute.

SCHEDULE

On Friday evening I suggest we will meet at 20.00 h at
Penjab, 12 rue des Tonneliers, tel +33 3 88 32 36 37, reputedly
the best Indian restaurant in Strasbourg. It is located near
the tram A&D stop "Langstross Grand'Rue".

On Saturday morning talks will start at 9.00 h.
On Sunday the last talk will end at 12.30 h.

PARTICIPANTS

The following people have already indicated their willingness
to give a talk:

Pierre Ageron (Université de Caen)
Philippe Gaucher (Université Louis Pasteur et CNRS)
Marino Gran (Université du Littoral Côte d'Opale)
Rudger Kieboom (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
Jürgen Koslowski (Technische Universität Braunschweig)
Tim van der Linden (Vrije Universiteit Brussel)
Jirí Rosický (Masaryk University)

WEB PAGE

A web page for the meeting containing relevant links
and regularly updated information is located at

http://www-irma.u-strasbg.fr/~crans/pssl78/

Looking forward to seeing you here in Strasbourg,
Sjoerd Crans (crans@math.u-strasbg.fr)

PSSL 78 Registration Form

Name:

Affiliation:

Address:

Email:

  I wish to attend the 78th meeting of the PSSL to be held
  in Strasbourg over the weekend of 15-16 February 2003.

  I do/do not* wish to give a talk of 25/40* min.
  The title will be:

  Please do/do not* reserve accommodation for me.
  I need a single/double* room.

  I will arrive on Thursday 13/Friday 14/Saturday 15* February
  and I will depart on Sunday 16/Monday 17/Tuesday 18* February.

 *Delete if inappropriate.