[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

ANN: X-Klaim & Klava ver 2

We would like to announce the release of the new versions of
X-Klaim and Klava, available from:

http://music.dsi.unifi.it/klaim.html

X-Klaim is a programming language, based on Klaim
(http://music.dsi.unifi.it/papers/tse.pdf)
that permits programming processes that communicate via
distributed tuple spaces and exchanging mobile code. X-Klaim
provides strong mobility for mobile agents and object-oriented
code mobility structured via mixin-based inheritance, according to
the philosophy of MoMi (Mobile Mixins) calculus
(http://music.dsi.unifi.it/papers/coord2002-mob-OO-code.ps.gz).  It is
also based on the new hierarchical model of Klaim
(http://music.dsi.unifi.it/papers/SAC02-open-nets.ps.gz), thus
client-server applications based on hierarchical nets can be
easily programmed.

Klava (http://music.dsi.unifi.it/papers/DRAFT-klava.ps.gz) is a Java
framework implementing the run-time system
for X-Klaim (indeed X-Klaim programs are compiled into Java
programs that use the Klava package).

By relying on Klava a programmer can either use Java to implement
mobile applications or X-Klaim that has higher level primitives.

The description of design and implementation of both Klava and X-Klaim
can be found in:

Linguistic Constructs for Object-Oriented Mobile Code Programming &
their Implementations,
Lorenzo Bettini
Tesi di Dottorato, Ciclo XIV, Dottorato in Logica e Informatica Teorica,
Dipartimento di Matematica, Università di Siena, Febbraio 2003.
http://music.dsi.unifi.it/abstracts/phd-lore.htm
http://music.dsi.unifi.it/thesis/phdthesis-lore.ps.gz

Other papers can be found here:
http://music.dsi.unifi.it/papers.html

Best regards
	Lorenzo Bettini

--
|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD in Computer Science                            |