[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

NASSLLI04 Call for Proposals

[----- The Types Forum, http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/types -----]

                     NASSLLI04

		June 21-25, UCLA, Los Angeles

	(North American Summer School in Logic, Language
		and Information 2004)

 		CALL for PROPOSALS

The third NASSLLI (after a successful start with NASSLLI02 in
Stanford and NASSLLI03 in Bloomington) will be held at UCLA,
June 21 - 25, 2004. The summer school will consist of a number
of courses and workshops, selected on the basis of the proposals.
Proposals are invited that present interdisciplinary work
between the areas of logic, linguistics, computer science,
philosophy and artificial intelligence, though work in just one
area is within the scope of the summer school if it can be
applied in other fields.

Submission Details:
Submissions should indicate
1) person(s) and affiliation
2) type of event (one week course or workshop, 2 hours a day)
3) an outline of the course up to 500 words
4) an indication of whether special equipment is needed to
	teach that course (beamer, computer ...)
5) a statement about the instructor's experience in teaching
	in interdisciplinary settings
6) expected costs (whether you want to be paid hotel and/or travel,
	or whether you are able to find funding)

Final Material:
We expect material for the actual courses at least *one month*
ahead of the conference if harcopies of any material are to be
made available by us.

Financial Details:
A course may be taught by one or two persons. Conference fees are
waived for all instructors. However, we are only able to pay for
the full travel and expenses of one instructor per course. If two
persons are lecturing, they may share a lump sum paid for both.
Workshops are more complicated, and a proposal for a workshop
should include a plan to obtain some outside funcing for the
speakers.

Important Note:
To give us an idea about the number of submissions, we would like
you to email us within two weeks in case you are interested in
submitting a proposal. This will not commit you to actually
submit one.

Deadline for submission:
31.01.2004

Program Committee:
Dominique Sportiche, UCLA, chair
Mai Gehrke, New Mexico State University
John Horty, University of Maryland
Mark Johnson, Brown University
Phokion Kolaitis, UC Santa Cruz
Marcus Kracht, UCLA
Philippe Schlenker, UCLA
Ed Stabler, UCLA

Website:
News will be posted at
http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/nassllli04

If you are interested in NASSLLI03:
http://www.linguistics.ucla.edu/nasslli04/2003

Inquiries can be sent to the following email address:
nasslli04@humnet.ucla.edu

Alternatively, you may send a letter to
Marcus Kracht
Department of Linguistics, UCLA