[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Cut-Elimination in Linear Logic

[----- The Types Forum, http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/types -----]

The out rules on +ve (L) and -ve (R) do not increase increase
the class of *equivalent Linear Logic sequents* provable, but
provide (as you noted) nicer encodings for various conectives
(chimeric, Girard calls them), with nice properties -- you've
noted associativity -- arising from idempotence of ! or ? etc.
The  semantics  is consequently nicer, and more in line with the
requirements you've noted in some of your earlier papers.

- S.