Field Autonomous System & Computing Lab(FAST), ZheJiang University
- Implemented a sum-of-squares trajectory optimization for quadrotors based on the application of safe flight corridors directly generated on point clouds.
- Proposed a systematic (re)planning framework that considers estimated external forces on quadrotors. Developed an online nonlinear model predictive control with safe ellipsoid boundaries constrained in a safe flight corridor to enforce reliable obstacle avoidance.
- Research on whole-body safe trajectory generation for autonomous vehicles in the urban traffic environment. The back-end optimization is based on a differential-flat system while encodes dynamic obstacles avoidance with surrounding vehicles. (To submit to IEEE Transactions on Robotics (T-RO) as the first author, in progress)
Jul 2020 - Aug 2021
External Forces Resilient Safe Motion Planning for Quadrotor, Yuwei Wu, Ziming Ding, Chao Xu, and Fei Gao, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letter (RA-L). preprint, video
Generating Large Convex Polytopes Directly on Point Clouds, Xingguang Zhong, Yuwei Wu, Dong Wang, Qianhao Wang, Chao Xu, and Fei Gao.
UPennalizers R&D Co-Lead
RoboCup Group, University of Pennsylvania
- Improved robot detection for Nao robots considered occlusion and lighting variance based on Tiny-Yolo.
- Implemented faster line detection and improved field detection of RANSAC and Convex Hull filtering.
Sep 2019 - present
Undergraduate Research Assistant
School of Traffic and Transportation, Beijing Jiaotong University
- Research on high-speed railway EMU circulation plan optimization. Designed an extended ALNS algorithm for route planning problems (bi-level optimization) to improve the efficiency and resources utilization of high-speed railway systems
Jan 2019 - Jun 2019
Undergraduate Physicists' Program
School of Arts and Sciences, Beijing Jiaotong University
- Implemented experiments to analyze the chaotic phase synchronization of coupled metronome systems
- Won the Second Prize of the 8th China Undergraduate Physicists' Tournament
- Won the First Prize of the 10th Undergraduate Physical Experiment Competition of Beijing
- Awarded the Science Innovative Talent by the School of Science
Aug 2016 - Dec 2017