CATEGORY THEORY AND COMPUTER SCIENCE (CTCS'97)
4-6 SEPTEMBER 1997, S. MARGHERITA LIGURE (GENOA), ITALY
SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS
The seventh biennial conference on Category Theory and Computer
Science is to be held in Santa Margherita Ligure in 1997. Previous
meetings have been held in Guildford, Edinburgh, Manchester, Paris,
Amsterdam and Cambridge.
- 01 Mar 1997, deadline for ELECTRONIC SUBMISSIONS
- 01 May 1997, notification of acceptance/rejection
- 15 Jun 1997, deadline for final version
** ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION GUIDELINES **
- Papers must describe original unpublished research, be written and
presented in English, they must not exceed 20 pages nor be submitted
for publication elsewhere.
- Papers can be submitted via an electronic form or by e-mail (see the
conference URL for details).
- ALTERNATIVE METHODS OF SUBMISSION might be accepted, but should be
agreed with email@example.com no later than 15th FEBRUARY 1997.
SCOPE. The purpose of the conference series is the advancement of the
foundations of computing using the tools of category theory, algebra,
geometry and logic. Whilst the emphasis is upon applications of
category theory, it is recognized that the area is highly
interdisciplinary and the organizing committee welcomes submissions in
related areas. Topics central to the conference include:
- Models of computation
- Program logics and specification
- Type theory and its semantics
- Domain theory
- Linear logic and its applications
- Categorical programming
Submissions purely on category theory are also acceptable as long as
the applicability to computing is evident. It is anticipated that the
proceedings will be published in the LNCS series.
ORGANIZING AND PROGRAMME COMMITTEE:
S. Abramsky (UK) P.-L. Curien (France), P. Dybjer (Sweden),
P. Johnstone (UK), G. Longo (France), G. Mints (USA), J. Mitchell
(USA), E. Moggi (Italy), A. Pitts (UK), A. Poigne (Germany),
G. Rosolini (Italy), D. Rydeheard (UK), F-J. de Vries (Japan).
LIST OF INVITED SPEAKERS:
J. Baez, Univ. of California at Riverside (USA)
R. Bird, Oxford Univ. (UK)
B. Jay, Univ. of Technology Sydney (Australia)
workshop Express'97, 8-12 Sep 1997, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy.