UNIVERSITY OF SUSSEX
RESEARCH FELLOWS IN THE FOUNDATIONS OF COMPUTING
Two Research Fellows are required for a 2-year project entitled ``The
Semantic Foundations of Mobile Computation'', under the direction of
Prof. M. Hennessy and funded by the EPSRC. At least one appointment
will require expertise in type theories for programming languages.
The project objectives include
- the development of abstract foundational calculi for mobile
systems in which the concepts of location, mobility, failure
and security play an central role
- the elaboration of behavioural equivalences for these calculi,
and their associated algebraic theories
- the construction of proof systems and methodologies for
establishing properties of mobile systems.
The project will start on 1/10/99 and salary will be related to the
academic 1A scale. A Ph.D. in Computer Science or Mathematics or
equivalent experience is required. In addition to normal research
duties the successful candidate will be expected to provide some
assistance to undergraduate teaching.
To apply please submit applications to
School of COGS
University of Sussex
Brighton BN1 9QH
Tel: +44 01273 678101
from whom more details of the project and the conditions of service
Applications should include
- a detailed curriculum vitae,
- names of three referees with their email addresses,
- a statement outlining the candidates proposed contribution
to the goals of the project,
- copies (or URL references) of any relevant publications.