SBLP'2002 deadline extension --> March 7
To: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: SBLP'2002 deadline extension --> March 7
From: Carlos Camarao de Figueiredo <email@example.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 15:05:27 -0300 (EST)
CC: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Due to a number of requests, we have decided to extend the deadline
for submissions to SBLP'2002 to March 7, 2002.
The full updated call for papers is included below.
VI Brazilian Symposium on Programming Languages
Departamento de Informática
Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
June 05-07, 2002
First Call for Papers
The VI Brazilian Symposium on Programming Languages (SBLP'2002) will
be held at Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro
(PUC-Rio) in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, on June 05-07, 2002. The
symposium is sponsored by the Brazilian Computer Society (SBC) andg
aims to provide a forum where researchers, educators, and
practitioners present and discuss the latest theoretical and practical
work on programming languages.
We invite authors to contribute to SBLP'2002 with the following
kinds of submission:
* Technical research papers introducing original research results
on topics such as (but not limited to):
- Programming language design and implementation
- Formal semantics of programming languages
- Domain-specific programming languages
- Visual programming languages
- Programming languages for mobile, WWW, and network computing
- Script languages
- Design and implementation of programming tools and
- New programming models
- Theoretical foundations of programming languages
- Teaching programming languages
* Experience reports on the use of programming languages, tools,
and environments. The reports should clearly state the problems
and difficulties identified on using those programming languages
or technologies on projects, possibly giving solutions to those
problems or hints to avoid them.
* Tutorial proposals on subjects related to programming languages,
APIs, tools, environments or theories.
There will be also invited lectures, tutorials, panels, and working
meetings to closely group together professionals interested on
specific research topics.
Deadline for submissions: March 7, 2002
Notification of acceptance: April 8, 2002
Camera-ready version: May 15, 2002
Edward Hermann Haeusler
Departamento de Informática
Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro
Tel.: +55 (21) 3114-1500 R: 4345
Departamento de Ciência da Computação
Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais
Tel: +55 (31) 3499 5889
Contributions can be written in Portuguese, English or Spanish.
Those written in English can be selected for publication elsewhere
(probably Elsevier Electronic Notes in Theoretical Computer Science).
All papers and experience reports will be published in the conference
proceedings. Papers should have at most 14 pages and experience
reports at most 8 pages.
Tutorials will be published in a separate proceedings. They should
cover material of postgraduate level. The tutorial submission may be
only a proposal, containing:
- author names
- motivation, describing the relevance of the subject in the area
of programming languages
- description of the presentation (optional)
Tutorial proposals will be selected according to i) its technical
quality and ii) expected relevance and interest from the community.
The final tutorial should contain at most 30 pages.
Contributions should use the standard format of SBC (Brazilian
Computer Society). They are available in:
- LaTeX: http://www.sbc.org.br/templates/sbc-template-latex.zip
- PDF/Adobe Acrobat: http://www.sbc.org.br/templates/sbc-template-pdf.zip
- Word: http://www.sbc.org.br/templates/sbc-template-dot.zip
Use of LaTeX is preferred. Examples of the use of the SBC format can
be found in these zip files. (You can also obtain them by visiting the
site http://www.sbc.org.br and following the links *eventos* and,
afterwards, *Informações úteis*.)
For submission of contributions, fill out the required information at