Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact
Current Guidelines for Penn Engineering
|Masking required if fully vaccinated1||yes||no|
|Physical distancing required||no||no|
|Meetings allowed||yes (no food)||yes (food allowed)|
|Eating spaces available||yes||yes|
|High School work/research||no||no|
1: Fully vaccinated means you are at least two weeks past your last vaccine dose.
2: Please see “Visitor Information” below.
3: These activities require pre-approval by Associate Dean Russ Composto.
Building Access Information
All of our buildings are open 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. You will still need your valid PennCard ID to enter buildings via card readers.
Penn Engineering remains a School within a University that welcomes visitors from all areas of the world. Members of the Penn Engineering community who invite visitors should work with those individuals to adhere to the guidelines below.
At no point should visitors be required to provide their vaccination card, either to the host or any other person in the community.
1) Visitors must provide contact information prior to their visit, including their name, an email address, a phone number, and the name(s) of people they will be visiting. In addition, visitors must complete an attestation form that indicates they are fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Acceptable vaccinations include:
- Johnson and Johnson/Janssen
The form containing this information is found through this link.
2) On the day of their visit, the visitor must complete the symptom check on Penn OpenPass to receive a green pass. The visitor must show their green OpenPass to their host upon arriving.
3) Visitors must wear Penn-approved facemasks and wear them at all times during their visit. For more information on Penn-approved facemasks, please see guidance provided by the Penn Environmental Health and Radiation Safety (EHRS) office.
Infrequent Daily Visitors (no more than one visit per week)
The guidelines used for single-day visitors will apply, where visitors will need to obtain a green OpenPass for each visit date. They must provide contact information and attestation of vaccination. Use this link.
1. If the individual will be visiting for a period of less than 6 weeks, they should fill out this form to describe the nature and frequency of their campus visits. All guidelines used for less frequent visitors apply.
2. Longer-term visitors, including scholarly visitors, adjunct faculty and national/international research collaborators, must follow all of the public health guidelines prescribed for daily visitors. If the visitor is unvaccinated, they must complete a vaccination regimen and work remotely until fully vaccinated. They must complete this form prior to their arrival on campus.
Academic Program Information
All students are required to be vaccinated and upload their vaccination information. All pre-pandemic policies and procedures for both undergraduate and graduate student programs will be in place for the Fall 2021 semester.