Charles's research interests include language acquisition and change, morphology and the mental lexicon, computational linguistics, and the evolution of language and cognition.
PhD Computer Science 2000 - Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- A formalist perspective on language acquisition, Yang, C., Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism, 2018
- Some consequences of the Tolerance Principle, Yang, C., Linguistic Approaches to Bilingualism, 2018
- Statistical evidence that a child can create a combinatorial linguistic system without external linguistic input: Implications for language evolution, Goldin-Meadow, S. | Yang, C., Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 2017
- The growth of language: Universal Grammar, experience, and principles of computation, Yang, C. | Crain, S. | Berwick, R.C. | Chomsky, N. | Bolhuis, J.J., Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Reviews, 2017
- Rage against the machine: Evaluation metrics in the 21st century, Yang, C., Language Acquisition, 2017