[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Formalization of COM

Hi all,

I would like to announce the availability of a technical report on
formalization of COM (Component Object Model).

Title: COMEL: A Formal Model for COM

This paper is available for downloading at:

    http://www.fit.qut.edu.au/~ibrahim/comel.html

Any comments and feedback are welcome.

Abstract
--------

This paper present an approach to formalize COM (Component Object Model).
Despite its importance, COM still does not have a formal specification. In
order to understand the COM's informal rules better, the COMEL language is
being introduced. We formalized some of the important COM's rules and
present COMEL's abstract syntax, type system, operational semantics and
type soundness.

Rosziati Ibrahim
School of Computing Science
Faculty of Information Technology
Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
GPO Box 2434
Brisbane QLD 4001
Australia
( Tel : +61 7 38641290