[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Posts at Heriot-Watt

Posts at the level of lecturer (assistant professor), senior lecturer
and reader (associate professor) are available at the department of
Computing and Electrical Engeneering at Heriot-Watt University,
Edinburgh Scotland.  The posts are in a number of areas of Computer
Science.  I would strongly encourage applications from academics whose
research area is on type theory, term rewriting, logic, and the
foundations of programming languages and theorm proving.  Look at the web
pages of the dependable systems group http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~dsg/
which also includes the ULTRA group http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/ultra/
for information on the areas we are involved in DSG.  Look at
http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/adverts/ad20.htm for further information on
the posts.  If you have any questions, contact the head of department
Roger Clarke (rjc@cee.hw.ac.uk) and if your questions are related to
the above areas, contact Fairouz Kamareddine (fairouz@cee.hw.ac.uk).

The department of Computing and Electrical at Heriot-Watt is a very
lively, active and friendly place with a supportive spirit.  The
department is expanding fast and is committed to excellence and is
investing a lot in the future.  So, if you can contribute to this
excellence and you want to play an influential role in a supportive
environment, send your application. Deadline of applications (on
official applications forms obtainable from the personnel office) is 6
August.

Heriot-Watt is located in beautiful parklands on the outskirsts of
Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland and a beautiful and historic city.
Rob Pooley, Phil Trinder, Joe Wells, and myself have only moved to
Heriot-Watt in the last year and we have enjoyed everything so far
(email any of us {rjp, trinder, jbw, fairouz}@cee.hw.ac.uk) to ask
about our experiences since our arrival to Heriot-Watt).

Fairouz Kamareddine