[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CSL2000 : Early Registration extended until 7 June !

- We have extended the early registration deadline until
  7 June - Wednesday this week: Register now!
- The program is updated - please check the web page for the
  latest version of the program.

Thorsten

                              CSL 2000
               2nd CALL FOR REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION

           14th Annual Conference of the European Association
                   for Computer Science Logic (EACSL)

                Fischbachau, Germany, August 21-26, 2000

           http://www.tcs.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/csl2000/

        1. ORGANIZATION                 4. REGISTRATION
        2. SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM           5. GRANTS
        3. SOCIAL PROGRAM               6. LOCATION and ACCOMODATION
                                        7. TRAVEL INFORMATON

1. ORGANIZATION

CSL 2000 is the 14th Annual Conference of the European Association for Computer
Science Logic.

Program commitee:
-----------------
Peter Clote (Muenchen, co-chair), Stephen Cook (Toronto), Kevin Compton (Ann Arbor),
Laurent Fribourg (Cachan), Erich Graedel (Aachen), Gerhard Jaeger (Bern), Klaus
Keimel (Darmstadt), Jan Willem Klop (Amsterdam), Jan Krajícek (Praha), Daniel Leivant
(Bloomington), Tobias Nipkow (Muenchen), Helmut Schwichtenberg (Muenchen, co-chair),
Moshe Vardi (Houston)

Any questions about the organization should be sent to

        csl2000-org@tcs.informatik.uni-muenchen.de.

2. SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM:

The scientific program includes 28 papers selected from 69 submissions, and
9 invited lectures including those for the symposium in honour of Yuri Gurevich.

CSL 2000 - Preliminary Program

SCIENTIFIC PROGRAM

The scientific program includes presentations of 28 contributed papers selected from 69 submissions and 9 invited lectures, including those for the symposium in honour of Yuri Gurevich.

Monday, August 21

 17.00
      Arrival and Registration
 19.30
      Dinner

Tuesday, August 22

 8.30
      Invited Speaker: Colin Stirling (University of Edinburgh):
      -- Decision Procedures for Pushdown Automata
 9.30
      Break
 9.45
      Equational Termination by Semantic Labelling
      -- Hitoshi Ohsaki, Aart Middeldorp and Juergen Giesl
 10.15
      Definability over Linear Constraints
      -- Michael Benedikt and H. Jerome Keisler
 10.45
      Coffee break
 11.15
      Completeness of Higher-Order Duration Calculus
      -- Zhan Naijun
 11.45
      From Programs to Games: Invariance and Safety for Bisimulation
      -- Marc Pauly
 12.30
      Lunch, Nature
 15.30
      Flatness is not a Weakness
      -- Hubert Comon and Veronique Cortier
 16.00
      On the Complexity of Explicit Modal Logics
      -- Roman Kuznets
 16.30
      Coffee break
 17.00
      Modal Satisfiability is in Deterministic Linear Space
      -- Edith Hemaspaandra
 17.30
      Independence: Logics and Concurrency
      -- J. C. Bradfield
 19.00
      Dinner

Wednesday, August 23

 8.30
      Invited Speaker: Paul Beame (University of Washington):
      -- The Complexity of Proving Properties of Random Objects
 9.30
      Break
 9.45
      Discreet Games, Light Affine Logic and PTIME Computation
      -- A. S. Murawski and C.-H. L. Ong
 10.15
      On the Complexity of Combinatorial and Metafinite Generating Functions
      -- J. A. Makowski and K. Meer
 10.45
      Coffee break
 11.15
      The Descriptive Complexity of the Fixed-Points of Bounded Formulas
      -- Albert Atserias
 11.45
      Bounded Arithmetic and Descriptive Complexity
      -- Achim Blumensath
 12.30
      Lunch, Nature
 15.30
      A Proof-Theoretically Adequate Axiomatization of Intuitionistic Fuzzy Logic
      -- Matthias Baaz and Richard Zach
 16.00
      On the Logic of the Standard Proof Predicate
      -- Rostislav Yavorsky
 16.30
      Coffee break
 17.00
      Elementary Choiceless Constructive Analysis
      -- Peter M. Schuster
 17.30
      A Theory of Explicit Mathematics Equivalent to ID_1
      -- Reinhard Kahle and Thomas Studer
 19.00
      Dinner

Thursday, August 24

			      SYMPOSIUM
			     in honour of
			    YURI GUREVICH
		 on the occasion of his 60th birthday

      Invited Speakers:
 8.30
      Yuri Gurevich (Microsoft Research, Redmond):
      -- On Abstract State Machines
 9.30
      Break
 9.45
      Egon Börger (University of Pisa, on sabbatical at Microsoft Research, Redmond):
      -- Composition and Submachine Concepts for Sequential ASMs
 10.45
      Coffee break
 11.15
      Wolfram Schulte (Microsoft Research, Redmond):
      -- Translating Theory into Practice - Abstract State Machines within Microsoft
 12.30
      Lunch, Nature
 15.00
      Andreas Blass (University of Michigan, Ann Arbor):
      -- On Choiceless Polynomial Time Computation and the Zero-One Law
 16.00
      Coffee break
 16.30
      Moshe Y. Vardi (Rice University, Houston):
      -- Automated Verification = Graphs, Automata, and Logic
 17.45
      Saharon Shelah (The Hebrew University, Jerusalem):
      -- Choiceless Polynomial Time Logic: Inability to express.
 19.30
      Conference dinner

Friday, August 25

 8.30
      Continuous Functionals of Dependent Types and Equilogical Spaces
      -- Andrej Bauer and Lars Birkedal
 9.00
      Subtyping with Power Types
      -- David Aspinall
 9.30
      Coffee break
 10.00
      Interactive Programs in Dependent Type Theory
      -- Peter Hancock and Anton Setzer
 10.30
      Elimination of Negation in a Logical Framework
      -- Alberto Momigliano
 11.30
      Excursion
 19.00
      Dinner

Saturday, August 26

 8.30
      Invited Speaker: Bruno Poizat (University of Lyon):
      -- An unsuccessful attempt to construct a structure with fast elimination of quantifiers
 9.30
      Break
 9.45
      Finite Models and Full Completeness
      -- James Laird
 10.15
      A Fully Complete PER Model for ML Polymorphic Types
      -- Samson Abramsky and Marina Lenisa
 10.45
      Coffee break
 11.15
      Logical Relations and Data Abstraction
      -- John Power and Edmund Robinson
 11.45
      Sequents, Frames, and Completeness
      -- Thierry Coquand and Guo-Quiang Zhang
 12.30
      Lunch
 15.30
      On the Computational Interpretation of Negation
      -- Michel Parigot
 16.00
      Logic Programming and Co-inductive Definitions
      -- Mathieu Jaume
 16.30
      Coffee break
 17.00
      Axiomatizing the Least Fixed Point Operation and Supremum
      -- Zoltan Esik
 17.30
      Disjunctive Tautologies as Synchronization Schemes
      -- Vincent Danos and Jean-Louis Krivine
 19.00
      Dinner

Sunday, August 27

Breakfast, Departure

The official language of the conference is English.

SOCIAL PROGRAM

 Friday afternoon:
               Excursion to one of the mountains (1600 m) nearby
 Thursday evening:
               Conference dinner at the Aurachhof

4. REGISTRATION

To register for CSL 2000, fill in the registration form on the CSL
2000 homepage and return the signed form by ordinary mail or fax.

EARLY CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEE:
The filled registration form must reach us by June 7th, 2000.
Full-time students: 180 DM  (92,01 EURO),   Others: 260 DM (132,91 EURO)

LATE CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEE:  (after June 7th, 2000)
Full-time students:  260 DM (132.91 EURO),  Others: 300 DM (153,36 EURO)

Payments can either be made in DM by bank transfer to:

   (Germany)                        (from abroad)

   CSL 2000                         CSL 2000 (Dr. M.Ruckert) Account No. 2805571599, BLZ 3002090
   Konto 2805571599                 SWIFT Code CITIDEF
   Citibank Muenchen                Via: Citibank Privatkunden AG
   BLZ (Bankleitzahl) 300 209 00    Account No. 2805571599, CSL 2000 (Dr. M.Ruckert)

or at the conference by Eurocard/Mastercard, VISA card, Eurocheque, or
in cash (DM only).

5. GRANTS:

There are some very limited funds to support participation of researchers from
Eastern Europe and of students. For students the application needs to be
accompanied by a letter of recommendation from their adviser. To apply for a
grant, fill in the corresponding form on the CSL 2000 homepage and return it
before May 20th.

6. LOCATION AND ACCOMMODATION

The conference will be held at the

   Hotel Auracher Hof
   Bahnhofstrasse 4
   D-83730 Fischbachau
   phone: +49-80 28 / 903-0
   fax:   +49-80 28 / 903-199

To reserve your accommodation, fill in the Accommodation Form on the
CSL 2000 home page and return it by fax to the hotel.

The hotel is closed from June 10 to June 25. Since Fischbachau
belongs to a vacation area, we strongly recommend to book for
accomodation before June 10th. After June 25, available rooms in the
hotel may soon be booked by tourists.

The hotel has 75 rooms, and in case that there will be more
participants, some may have to share a room.

7. TRAVEL INFORMATION

Note that there will be much holiday traffic in August, so we recommend that you
>>> book your flight as early as possible <<<.

Munich Airport (Muc) is easily accessible from most airports in Europe, the Near
East and North America. At the airport, S-Bahn trains are leaving for Munich
Central Station (Hauptbahnhof) every 20 minutes, taking about 45 minutes.

>From Munich Central Station there are trains to Fischbachau (direction
Bayrischzell, platform 27-31) leaving (almost) every hour, taking 70 minutes to
Fischbachau Bahnhof.

FOR MORE DETAILS, see the CSL 2000 home page

    http://www.tcs.informatik.uni-muenchen.de/csl2000/

Looking forward to meet you at the conference,
the CSL 2000 Local Organization team.