[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: semantics for F_{sub,rec} ??

Dear Kim,

thank you for the clear statement about the state of the art w.r.t.
F_{omega,sub,rec}. It conforms that my understanding wasn't absolutely
mistaken.
I never doubted that the interesting equations can be solved this way.
So I see two possibilities in case one cannot give denotational meaning to
the full calculus F_{omega,sub,rec}. Either one just takes it as a
metalanguage having suffiicently good operational properties (your choice)
or, if one wants to work denotationally based, to consider types a subsets of
or pers on some untyped universe.

Thomas Streicher