How do I install MediaWiki?
- Make sure CGI is enabled on Fling or Alliance for the account where you want to install MediaWiki. Visit the CGI Request Form if you do not yet have CGI enabled.
- Once you have CGI enabled, connect to your Eniac account via the command line.
- Run the following command to install MediaWiki:
Note: If you have a wiki directory in your html directory already, you will need to either move it aside or delete it completely before installing MediaWiki.
- Once the script has finished running, go to one of the following URLs to finish the wiki installation. If you have CGI installed on Alliance, go to this URL:
Where "username" is your SEAS account name. If you have CGI installed on Fling, go to this URL:
Where "username" is your SEAS account name. For example, if you have CGI enabled for your "victor" account on Fling, you would go to this URL:
- Enter the "Site Config" fields as you see fit.
- Under "Database Config" choose SQLite as your Database Type (skip the MySQL and Postgres sections) and put in a password for the database (you can leave the name as-is). In the "SQLite data directory" field put:
This example is for the username of victor:
- After submitting this information, follow any remaining instructions. At the end, the installer will provide a link to download the "LocalSettings.php" file to your local computer with instructions to "put it in the base of your wiki installation (the same directory as index.php)." You must copy this file to the appropriate location:
- Run the following command:
chmod 700 ~/html/wiki/LocalSettings.php
Your wiki should now be installed. Note that you will need to create accounts for your users before they can edit pages. If you have any questions, please contact CETS.