David F. Meaney, Ph.D.email@example.com
BSE in Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1987
MSE, 1989 and Ph.D., 1991, in Bioengineering, The University of Pennsylvania
- Understanding mechanical cues that regulate CNS injury and repair
- Multiscale integration of mechanical injury response from synaptic spines to neural networks
- Mechanisms of network dysfunction and therapeutic targets for repair
BS in Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 1999
Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, 2008
- Cell adhesions, cytoskeleton and their role in mechanotransduction.
- Mechanisms of local mRNA translation.
- The impact of injuryd on mRNA translation and synaptic plasticity.
- The interplay between network activity and synaptic plasticity.
AB in Pyschology, Princeton University, 2004
Ph.D. Neuroscience, University of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Elucidating alterations in receptor regulation and intrinsic excitability properties that underlie neuronal dysfunction following traumatic brain injury.
- Examining the role of homeostatic plasticity and synaptic scaling in recovery of neural networks after injury.
- Neuronal Ca2+ signaling, live-cell imaging, viral vectors, and electrophysiology.
BSE in Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, Baltimore County
- Changes in astrocytic signaling after neuronal trauma
- In vivo 2-photon imaging
- Mechanical injury to hippocampal slice cultures
- Dissociated cell culture injury
BS in Biochemistry and Mathematics, University of Delaware, 2007
M.D./Ph.D. Candidate, University of Pennsylvania
- Functional Multineuronal calcium imaging
- Changes in neural network topology following in vitro or in vivo injury
- Multiscale computational model of neural network activity
- Automated analysis of neurobehavior
BS, Biology, Conneticut University
Executive Master's in Technology Management, Univeristy of Pennsylvania
- Lab management
BS in Physics and Biology, Loyola University Maryland, 2010
- Computational modeling
- Effects of blast injury on neurobehavior
BS in Biochemistry, Dickinson College, 2011
- The role of Elk in traumatic brain injury
- Effect of blast injury on neuronal networks
BS in Neuroscience and BA in Dance, Muhlenberg College, 2012
- Effects of TBI on neuronal connectivity
- TBI drug therapy and treatment
Undergraduate research assistants
- Scott Ventre (Bioengineering, 2013)
- Tom Woltemate (Biology, 2014)
- Karen Man (Bioengineering, 2014)
- Noor Bosch (Bioengineering, 2014)
- Anthony Choo, Ph.D.
- Jenn Singh, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral fellow at University of Pennsylvania
- Catherine von Reyn, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral fellow at Janelia Farms HHMI
- Pallab Singh, Ph.D., Patent Law firm
- Mahlet Mesfin, Ph.D., National Academy of Sciences
- Vineet Tiruvadi, B.S./M.S., Emory/Georgia Tech (MD/PhD candidate)
- Adam Hockenberry, B.A., Northwestern University (Ph.D. candidate)
- Bill Miller, Ph.D., Swiftwater Group consulting
- Dave Shreiber, Ph.D., Rutgers University (Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering)
- Donna Geddes-Klein, Ph.D., Research Scientist, Centyrex Venture at Centocor
- Mike DeRidder, Ph.D.,
- Phil Nibley, B.S., Drexel Medical School
- Emory Kuo, B.S.E., Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Kelly McManus, B.S.
- Brittainy Wierzbicki, B.S., Temple University (Occupational Therapy)
- Dave Scarsella, B.S.