David F. Meaney, Ph.D.firstname.lastname@example.org
BSE in Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1987
MSE, 1989 and Ph.D., 1991, in Bioengineering, The University of Pennsylvania
- Understanding mechanical cues that regulate CNS injury and repair
- Multiscale integration of mechanical injury response from synaptic spines to neural networks
- Mechanisms of network dysfunction and therapeutic targets for repair
BS in Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 1999
Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, 2008
- Cell adhesions, cytoskeleton and their role in mechanotransduction.
- Mechanisms of local mRNA translation.
- The impact of injuryd on mRNA translation and synaptic plasticity.
- The interplay between network activity and synaptic plasticity.
BS in Biochemistry, Dickinson College, 2011
- The role of Elk in traumatic brain injury
- Effect of blast injury on neuronal networks
Undergraduate Research Assistants
- Tom Woltemate (Biology, 2014)
- Karen Man (Bioengineering, 2014)
- Noor Bosch (Bioengineering, 2014)
- YungChia Chen, Ph.D.
- Tapan Patel, Ph.D., MD candidate at the Perelman School of Medicine at University of Pennsylvania
- Katie Kopil, Ph.D.
- Anthony Choo, Ph.D.
- Jenn Singh, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral fellow at University of Pennsylvania
- Catherine von Reyn, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral fellow at Janelia Farms HHMI
- Pallab Singh, Ph.D., Patent Law firm
- Mahlet Mesfin, Ph.D., National Academy of Sciences
- Vineet Tiruvadi, B.S./M.S., Emory/Georgia Tech (MD/PhD candidate)
- Adam Hockenberry, B.A., Northwestern University (Ph.D. candidate)
- Bill Miller, Ph.D., Swiftwater Group consulting
- Dave Shreiber, Ph.D., Rutgers University (Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering)
- Donna Geddes-Klein, Ph.D., Research Scientist, Centyrex Venture at Centocor
- Mike DeRidder, Ph.D.,