David F. Meaney, Ph.D.firstname.lastname@example.org
BSE in Biomedical Engineering, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, 1987
MSE, 1989 and Ph.D., 1991, in Bioengineering, The University of Pennsylvania
- Understanding mechanical cues that regulate CNS injury and repair
- Multiscale integration of mechanical injury response from synaptic spines to neural networks
- Mechanisms of network dysfunction and therapeutic targets for repair
BS in Biomedical Engineering, Washington University in St. Louis, 2008
Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Harvard University, 2014
- Understanding functional effects of traumatic brain injury on neural networks using both in vitro and in vivo injury models
- Understanding the mechanosensitive properties of neurons and neuronal networks
BS in Biomedical Engineering, Johns Hopkins University, 1999
Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, University of Virginia, 2008
- Cell adhesions, cytoskeleton and their role in mechanotransduction.
- Mechanisms of local mRNA translation.
- The impact of injuryd on mRNA translation and synaptic plasticity.
- The interplay between network activity and synaptic plasticity.
BS in Engineering Science, Smith College, 2010
MSc in Biomedical Engineering, University of Oxford, 2011
MD/PhD candidate, University of Pennsylvania
- Understanding traumatic brain injury and recovery via neural microcircuit analysis
- The impact of injury on network activity in vitro.
BA in Biological Basis of Behavior, University of Pennsylvania, 2013
- The role of mTOR signaling in traumatic brain injury
- Effect of blast injury on neuronal networks
Undergraduate Research Assistants
- Shichao (Bioengineering, 2016)
- Chang Su (Bioengineering, 2016)
- YungChia Chen, Ph.D., American Society for Engineering Education Post-doctoral Fellow, Naval Research Laboratory
- Tapan Patel, M.D.,Ph.D.
- Katie Kopil, Ph.D., Associate Director, Research Programs The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research
- Anthony Choo, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, PsychoGenics
- Jenn Singh, Ph.D., Research fellow at University of Pennsylvania (Eberwine lab)
- Catherine von Reyn, Ph.D., Post-Doctoral fellow at Janelia Farms HHMI (Card lab)
- Pallab Singh, Ph.D., Patent Agent, Riverside Law firm
- Mahlet Mesfin, Ph.D., AAAS Fellow, Office of Science, Technology and Policy, The White House
- Vineet Tiruvadi, B.S./M.S., Emory/Georgia Tech (MD/PhD candidate)
- Adam Hockenberry, B.A., Northwestern University (Ph.D. candidate)
- Bill Miller, Ph.D., Swiftwater Group
- Dave Shreiber, Ph.D., Rutgers University (Professor of Biomedical Engineering)
- Donna Geddes-Klein, Ph.D., Senior Scientist, Janssen Pharmaceuticals
- Mike DeRidder, Ph.D., Director, R&D Customer Insights, GlaxoSmithKline
- Theresa Lusardi, Ph.D., Research Faculty, Legacy Health Science Institute, Portland, OR