I am an assistant professor in the Department of Electrical and Systems Engineering (as of July 2017). I hold a secondary appointment in the Department of Computer and Information Systems. I am also a faculty affiliate of the Warren Center for Network and Data Sciences.
Before joining Penn, I was a research fellow at the Simons Institute, UC Berkeley (program: Foundations of Machine Learning). Prior to that, I was a post-doctoral scholar and lecturer in the Institute for Machine Learning at ETH Zürich. I received my Ph.D. degree in Computer and Communication Sciences from EPFL.
• AISTATS 2018: We will present our work the stochastic Frank-Wolfe method and online submodular maximization.
• Invited talk at the workshop on coding and information theory (Harvard, CSMA) and the University of Maryland (ECE) on "Non-asymptotic Analysis of Codes and its Practical Significance" (April 13th and March 29th).
• NSF CISE Research Initiative (NSF-CRII) award, 2018.
• Invited talk at the Santa Fe Institute on "Sequential Information Maximization: From Theory to Designs" (Feb 21st).
• Talk at the Dagstuhl Seminar and ITA 2018 on "Decentralized Submodular Maximization: Bridging Discrete and Continuous Settings" (Feb 16th).
• Talk at UPenn ESE on "Coding for IoT" (Jan 26th).
• We are organizing a session on "Submodular Optimization" at the 2018 INFORMS Optimization Society Conference.
• AAAI 2018: We will present our work Learning to Interact with Learning Agents.
• I will serve as a program committe member for IEEE International Symposium on Information Theory (ISIT'18). Please consider submitting your work to ISIT!
• NIPS 2017: We will present our works on Stochastic Submodular Maximization and Gradient Methods for Submodular Maximization.
• Invited talk at MIT EECS on "Recent Advances in Channel Coding" (Nov 1st).
• Invited talk at Yale Institute for Networking Science (YINS) on "K-means: A Nonconvex problem with Fast and Provable Algorithms" (Oct 25th).
|In person :||465C (3401 Walnut st.)|
|Cell :||650 666 5254|| |
|email :||email@example.com|| |
|mail:||Dept. of Electrical & Systems Engineering|| |
|University of Pennsylvania|
|3401 Walnut Street|
|Philadelphia, PA 19104|