- News + Events
- News + Events
Community and Climate
An inclusive environment is one where all members of our community are welcome and feel a sense of belonging. Key to ensuring success in these efforts is the recognition that all members of the School community play a part in creating the type of environment that fosters inclusion and success.
Penn Engineering provides inclusive spaces such as gender neutral restrooms and a lactation space. Members of the School’s community also have access to prayer and worship sites located on or near campus, along with halal and kosher dining facilities at Penn.
Safe Space Initiatives
Penn Engineering has worked in conjunction with the Penn LGBT Center to make available Safe Space Training to faculty and staff to ensure a welcoming and supportive environment for all.
Every member of the faculty and staff at Penn Engineering has undergone training to promote awareness of and combat sexual harassment on the Penn Campus.
Anti-Violence Advocates (AVA) Training
Penn Engineering offers training to educate members of the staff and faculty on the dynamics of relationship violence, sexual harassment, sexual violence and stalking, along with the resources available on campus so they can better advise and support students.
Penn Engineering has formed a Climate Committee that includes faculty representatives from each academic department, members of the senior administration and student and staff advocates. The charge of this committee is to identify and implement new ways to foster an inclusive, supportive community for all.
- Erin Berlew, Doctoral Student in Bioengineering
- Sue Ann Bidstrup Allen, Associate Dean of Educational Initiatives and Assessment; Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Eric Detsi, Stephenson Term Assistant Professor of Materials Science and Engineering
- LeAnn Dourte, Practice Associate Professor of Bioengineering
- Matthew Halm, Doctoral Student in Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics
- Daphne Ippolito, Doctoral Student in Computer and Information Science
- Chambrel Jones, Director of Administrative Operations, Dean’s Office
- Dan Koditschek, Director of PERCH; Alfred Fitler Moore Professor of Electrical and Systems Engineering
- Kenneth Lambert, Graduate Coordinator, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
- Konrad Kording, University Professor of Neuroscience and Bioengineering
- Vijay Kumar, Nemirovsky Family Dean and Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics
- Jennifer Lukes, Professor of Mechanical Engineering and Applied Mechanics
- Dave Meaney, Sr. Associate Dean; Solomon R. Pollack Professor and Chair of Bioengineering
- Charity Payne, Associate Director of GRASP Lab & PERCH
- Rita Powell, Director of Diversity for Computer and Information Science
- Michaile Rainey, Director of Advancing Women in Engineering and Special Programs
- Brit Shields, Senior Lecturer, Bioengineering
- Laura Stubbs, Director of Diversity and Inclusion
- CJ Taylor, Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion; Professor of Computer and Information Science
- Aleksandra Vojvodic, Associate Professor of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering